The Canadian Videogame Awards Finalists have been announced. Along with the usual studio nominees like Ubisoft and EA, there are a number of indie developers who made the finals including:
- Alien Trap Games from Saskatoon, Sask.
- Capybara Games from Toronto, Ont.
- Going Loud Studios from Ottawa, Ont.
- Noodlecake Studios from Saskatoon, Sask.
- Drinkbox Studios from Toronto, Ont.
- Exploding Barrel Games from Vancouver, BC
Not only that, but an indie game is a finalist for the most awards: Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP by Capybara is a finalist in nine categories. The awards take place during Fan Expo Vancouver on Saturday, April 21st, 2012.
In other news, the results are back from the 2012 IGDA Board Election. The two vacancies on the IGDA Board of Directors will now be filled by Sheri Rubin and Ed Fries. You may remember Sheri from an Awesome Talk that she gave to our group back in October of last year. Congratulations to both Sheri and Ed!