This is a reminder of our monthly meeting for October taking place on Monday, October 7th. This month’s feature presenter is Brent Owens from Paper Machete games! Paper Machete is an indie game studio based out of Campbell River (and previously Fort St. John) and is currently developing Attack of the Gelatinous Blob for PC, MacOS, and Linux. Brent will be talking about the evolution of his game, the trials of being an indie developer, and in particular about his experiences with Kickstarter and his campaign to fund the game’s completion. Come on out and welcome Brent to Victoria!
We have a private room with a projector and a ton of space. Show off your current projects; do some play-testing; or just relax and enjoy the awesome local food and craft-brewed beer.
The meetup will kick off with presentations and then transition into free-form networking.
- 4:30pm: Doors open (room is locked earlier)
- 5:10pm: Opening announcements by group organizers
- 5:15pm: Featured presentation
- 5:45pm: Open stage for show-and-tell, networking and socializing
- 7:30pm: Venue closes (We are free to move to the main bar if we wish)
See you there!
Monday, October 7th
The Collard Room – Swans Hotel and Brewpub
506 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC
Doors open at 4:30pm
Please RSVP via the Meetup event: The Main Event